CIDER TRIP IN ASTIGARRAGA
Enjoy a weekend trip in Astigarraga!
- 2 nights’ time accommodation with breakfast in Astigarraga
- Guided visit to a Cider House
- Cider tasting session
- Traditional cider house menu
- Stays: 2 nights’ time accommodation with breakfast
- Cider House experience: 4 hours
Enjoy a weekend escape in Astigarraga, to experience the ritual of “Txotx”, taste natural Basque cider and take a trip back to our origins!
Would you like to travel back to our origins? We have a little escape for you. You will wake up in our beautiful city and then we will take you to the origins of its trading history: the cider house. With the help of our guide you will get to know the family that runs it and the steps required to make Basque cider will be explained. You will then taste the product, first in the bottle and then sitting down to a traditional cider house menu. We will later return to San Sebastian so that you can continue to enjoy our land.
- It is recommended to keep the natural cider in a cool place, at about 14-15ºC. At temperatures that are too high or too low, the cider can lose its properties sooner.
- To consume the Basque natural cider, it is recommended to cool it in the refrigerator and take it out 5 minutes before consumption. The ideal temperature to taste it is between 10-13ºC.
- We open the bottle and to serve the cider, we can use the pourer cork that some bottles have or attach a traditional pourer to it.
- We serve the cider at about 15 cm. from the glass, and a little less than the wine glass. We can consume the cider both in a fine and long glass or in a wine glass. The first choice will help us to enjoy a quicker drink, since by pouring it we will have the natural carbon from the cider. In the second one, we will better appreciate the aromas of the product and by serving it at a shorter distance, we will be able to enjoy a more leisurely drink.