ALBAOLA AND CIDER HOUSE
Children (14-17): 42€
Children (4-13): 25€
- Entrance in Albaola (Sea Factory of the Basques)
- 30 minutes guided tour in San Juan whale ship
- Guided tour in the cider cellar
- Traditional Cider house menu
- 5 hours
Get to know the heart of Basque culture, the history of the sea and cider with a visit to the reconstruction of the whale ship San Juan and an experience in a cider house by tasting the traditional cider house menu! This experience is a proposition to get to know our cultural and gastronomic heritage! In the 16th century our fishermen and sailors made long expeditions to Newfoundland in search of whales and cod. The favorite drink of these sailors was cider… indeed, each sailor drank no less than 3 liters of cider a day! Most of the cider from Basque farmhouse cellars/presses was supplied to these expeditions. You can get to know first-hand the reconstruction of the 16th-century whaling ship San Juan, sunk in the cold waters off Canada. The drawings of the ship go back to its origins, and it will soon set sail again for the Canadian waters it visited centuries ago.
First of all, you will see the Bay of Pasajes and stop in Albaola, the sea factory of the Basques. To round off the day, you will visit one of our cider houses in the Basque Country and learn about the “txotx” ritual in its cellars, enjoying a traditional cider house menu.
- Cod omelet
- Fried cod with peppers
- Grilled T-bone steak
- Cheese with quince jelly and walnuts
- Bread and cider
- Other menus consult: email@example.com
- Minimum group: From 2 people.
- Rates for groups consult: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Languages: Basque, Spanish, English and French.
- Schedule: Saturdays at 11:00am FRA/EUS and at 11:30am ENG/CAS
- Other languages and schedule consult: email@example.com
- Albaola: Ondartxo, 1, 20110 Pasai San Pedro, Gipuzkoa.
100% of the amount will be paid at the time of the booking.
Once the payment has been made, we will send you a voucher by email with all the details of the reservation that you can print or carry on your mobile as proof to carry out the activity.
- Free cancellation up to 72 hours before the day of the reservation.
- Aburuza (Aduna)
- Altzueta (Hernani)
- Astarbe (Astigarraga)
- Bereziartua (Astigarraga)
- Gartziategi (Astigarraga)
- Gaztañaga (Andoain)
- Iparragirre (Hernani)
- Mizpiradi (Andoain)
- Oiharte (Zerain)
- Ola (Irun)
- Petritegi (Astigarraga)
- Saizar (Usurbil)
* Tell us please the cider house in which you prefer to carry out the experience through the OBSERVATIONS section of the reservation calendar.
- Tipo de servicio
- Shared tours