Sagardo Eguna - Donostia - Ordizia
Within the "Euskal Jaiak" of Donostia and Ordizia, the first Saturday of September is celebrated the XXXIV "Sagardo Eguna" of Donostia-San Sebastian and the second Saturday, the "Sagardo Eguna" of Ordizia.
XXXIV. SAGARDO EGUNA, DONOSTIA (San Sebastián)
- Date: Saturday, 7th September
- Time: 11:00 a.m. – 01:45 p.m.
- Place: Plaza de la Constitución, Donostia (San Sebastián)
11:00 a.m. – 01:45 p.m.
- Cider tasting: Try the cider from the different cider houses of Sagardoa Route – Association of the cider producers of Gipuzkoa.
- Description: SAGARDOGINTZA, GURE OFIZIOA – Our job is the production of cider. You have the possibility to taste the cider, which is a product of the harvest of 2018, on the place of the constitution.
- Places of the Cider Designation from the basque country: Go on a tour to have two guided cider tastings and explore the places of the cider’s origin. On this tour you will learn about the characteristics of the Designation of the origin of the basque cider. The cider tasting will be in the middle of the place of the constitution and you buy the glass for this tasting directly at the stalls. There will be a presentation about the different kind of apple sorts as well as about the stopper.
- TOAST OF THE CIDER PRODUCERS AND AN HONOR: This year we will honor the cider producers Gabriel and Joxe Mari Lizeaga of the cider house Lizeaga and thank them for all the year they are working to produce cider. You will find an information desk as well as other things which are important to market and sell the cider products: information desk and reference to the cider sector (touristic offers, tours, events…) and the selling of products. The sounds of txalaparta and trikipandero will accompany you during the day.
SAGARDO EGUNA in ORDIZIA
The basques Jaiak of Ordizia have every year a stand for their eguna cider.
- Date: Saturday, 14th September
- Time: 07:00 p.m. – 09.00 p.m.
- Place: Arboleda (Ordizia)
You will have the possibility to taste their cider and also a lot of other different cider sorts from Gipuzkoa. As a memory of the old traditions of the cider houses and as cooperation with the Federation of Bowling, you will find a bowling alley.